Mobile Banking Security Tips
Mobile Banking can be just as secure as any other form of online banking, especially if you employ the same smart security precautions with your mobile devices as you do your pc or laptop.
- Login information - never save it on your device, and never share it with anyone.
- Activate your device’s passcode feature and set it to auto-lock after a brief period of inactivity.
- Only download apps from trusted sources and consider installing an additional security app for your device.
- Use caution when clicking on links inside other applications or in emails from unknown or unexpected sources.
- Try to turn away or shield your device from others’ view when logging in.
- Avoid PINs that use things associated with you personally: no addresses, phone numbers, birthdays, SSN, etc.
- Always close or exit out of your mobile banking app, browser window, or text message thread when finished.
- Make sure your personal Wi-Fi network is secured and password protected.
- Change your mobile PIN regularly or even consider doing so after using a public Wi-Fi network.
- Closely review your bank statements and history; notify us right away if you ever see anything suspicious or unfamiliar.